Since most of us are working out and sweating in our hats, we went and searched for the best hat care instructions on the interwebs and tested them out.
What we don't recommend:
- Using your washing machine. If you must, we'd recommend using a gentle cycle, cool or warm water, and no or few other clothes.
- Using any cleaning products that contain bleach.
- Using your dishwasher- they typically run hot and this could damage the patch.
Recommended Hat Care Instructions
- Fill your sink or bucket with warm water. As it fills, add a tablespoon of laundry detergent. (You can use another cleaner like OxiClean, but we’d recommend spot testing first)
- Spot clean the hat as needed by dabbing the detergent directly onto the problem areas. Dip your hat in the water and use a toothbrush or other small, gentle scrubber to rub the detergent into the fabric. (We’ve heard that shampoo works well on sweat stains- try it out and let us know!)
- Afterwards, let the hat soak in the soapy water for 30 minutes (or longer if needed).
- Repeat spot treatment of necessary and rinse hat thoroughly in warm water.
- Allow the hat to air dry over a towel- we’d recommend placing a balled up towel inside the hat to help retain it’s shape and avoid wrinkles. You can use a hair dryer to speed up the process but we don’t recommend using a clothes dryer.